Current Job Openings
This position supports the work of Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley and our mission of repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives.
- Assist in coordinating volunteer-related aspects of Rebuilding Day program including:
- Recruit and manage individual volunteers and volunteer groups and collaborate with staff to place volunteers with appropriate rebuilding projects.
- Coordinate photography for Rebuilding Day(s), including recruiting, managing and training volunteer photographers, as well as maintaining Flickr pages for all external and internal uses.
- Coordinate warehouse volunteers leading up to and during Rebuilding Day, to include recruiting volunteers for materials organization and kit production, as well as kit returns and unpacking.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships to support a strong pipeline of volunteers to participate in rebuilding events, including conduct research to identify potential partners, coordinate and participate in outreach meetings, and serve as a point of contact with partners for volunteering matters.
- Maintain and refine the system for tracking current and interested volunteers: communications and intake; skill, interest, and availability; past project attendance and upcoming project registrations.
- Coordinate and represent Rebuilding Together at volunteer recruitment tabling events.
- Create continuous and sustainable volunteer engagement through a variety of media (social media, newsletter, and volunteer search engines, as well as brochures, flyers, and other printed materials). Contribute volunteer-focused content to tell the stories of our homeowners and the impact our volunteers and partners have had on their homes and lives.
- Assist client assessment processes by attending occasional home visits.
- Commitment to serve low-income homeowners and communities.
- Impeccable organizational skills, significant attention to detail and follow-through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision and able to complete projects from start to finish, including taking on a leadership role.
- Comfort with speaking and presenting in front of large groups–experience training or teaching adults/volunteers is a plus.
- Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style.
- Professional phone manner with concise verbal skills.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and maintain professional decorum under stress.
- Ability to work with a diversity of people from various ethnic, socio‐economic, and living environments.
- Willingness to work as a team with clients, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to excel in a fast‐paced, team orientated, small office environment and desire to work with volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support.
- Strong writing and computer literacy with PC based MS Office programs. Familiarity with standard office equipment. Familiarity with Salesforce and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus!
- Available to work 4th Saturday in April and 4th Saturday in October.
- Bi‐lingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese a plus.
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance, and ability to pass a background check.
- Education: College degree (or equivalent combination of education and work experience).
Part Time, nonexempt 20 hours a week with occasional evening and weekends to support program and community activities. We offer flexibility to accommodate these obligations.
Anticipated starting salary is $22.00/hour to $25.00/hour depending on experience. Benefits package include: pro-rated medical, vision & dental insurance and PTO (Paid time off) leave. Dependent coverage may be elected at the employee’s own expense. In addition to PTO accrual, Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley recognizes 10 paid (pro-rated) holidays.
RTSV provides equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
To apply, email your cover letter (word or PDF document) summarizing your fit with qualifications, and experience along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until a qualified candidate is hired.