Current Job Openings
Construction Services Associate
About Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley (RTSV)
We believe that everyone deserves to live in a safe and healthy home. Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley
brings volunteers and communities together to improve the homes and lives of low-income homeowners in
need. We also assist nonprofit organizations with facility maintenance and repairs so that they can dedicate
their time and resources to helping our community. Our impact extends beyond the individuals served to
revitalize and stabilize vulnerable neighborhoods in our community.
Our work preserves affordable housing by transforming homes and lives through critical repairs, and
accessibility modifications, at no cost to the service recipient. The majority of the homeowners we serve are
older adults and/or people with disabilities who are physically and financially unable to maintain safe and
warm living conditions for themselves and their families. Our efforts are strengthened by partnerships and
collaborations with government agencies, private businesses, skilled craftspeople, civic organizations, faith
communities and community volunteers.
We are seeking an Associate with construction experience and strong customer service skills, motivated by
the opportunity to assist senior and disabled homeowners.
Inspection, Project Completion & Maintenance
- Provide excellent customer service to a variety of clients, ensuring all jobs conform to local and state
- Coordinate with Construction Manager to schedule final walk through on each project completed by Service Repair Technicians and outside contractors.
- Ensure collection and completion of any necessary post-work documentation.
- Ensure each project includes photo documentation by taking after photos and uploading appropriately
- Inventory RTSV-owned wheelchair ramps and lifts throughout the community, conduct maintenance as needed, and ensure current lease agreements are on file.
- Assist with onsite home assessments, as needed, to ensure quality control based on 25 Healthy Housing Priorities.
- Identify any program issues and client/vendor/sponsor conflicts and coordinate with Construction
Service Manager for resolution.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Commitment to serving low-income homeowners and communities.
- Construction experience as a contractor, construction manager or project manager.
- Impeccable organizational skills, significant attention to detail and follow-through, ability to work on
multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment.
- Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style.
Professional phone manner with concise verbal and written skills.
- Ability to build trust with clients in a respectful and culturally-competent manner.
- Ability to work with a diversity of people from various ethnic, socio-economic and living environments.
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable and work as a team with clients, volunteers and staff.
- Strong skills in standard office equipment and office computer programs, such as Word, Excel and
Google Docs. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Own transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
- Ability to deal with physically demanding requirements of the job including lifting a minimum of 50
pounds without assistance.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in program/project management.
- Education: College degree (or equivalent combination of education and work experience). Hours: Part Time (20 hours/week), non- exempt position with ability to work occasional evening and weekends tosupport organizational and event activities. This position reports to the Construction Manager.
Anticipated starting salary is $25-$28/hour depending on experience. Benefits package include: pro-rated
medical, vision & dental insurance and PTO (Paid time off) leave. Dependent coverage may be elected at the
employee’s own expense. In addition to PTO accrual, Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley recognizes 10 paid
RTSV provides equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion,
national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
To apply, email your cover letter (word or PDF document) summarizing your fit with qualifications and
experience along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until a qualified candidate is hired.
A note on job openings
Or, head over to our volunteer page to see how you can help out!
We are currently looking for an Office Volunteer to help keep us organized! This volunteer will assist our Client Services Manager with administrative work in our office at 1701 South 7th St. #10, San Jose. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with office equipment and technology (i.e., copier/scanner/printer, Microsoft Office, data entry) and be willing to come into the office, following strict safety protocol, at least once a week. We ask that a potential volunteer be able to commit at least 2 months of support. If interested, please contact email@example.com for more information.