Current Job Openings
Construction Services Associate
About Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley (RTSV)
We believe that everyone deserves to live in a safe and healthy home. Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley brings volunteers and communities together to improve the homes and lives of low‐income homeowners in need. We also assist nonprofit organizations with facility maintenance and repairs so that they can dedicate their time and resources to helping our community. Our impact extends beyond the individuals served to revitalize and stabilize vulnerable neighborhoods in our community.
Our work preserves affordable housing by transforming homes and lives through critical repairs, and accessibility modifications, at no cost to the service recipient. The majority of the homeowners we serve are older adults and/or people with disabilities who are physically and financially unable to maintain safe and warm living conditions for themselves and their families. Our efforts are strengthened by partnerships and collaborations with government agencies, private businesses, skilled craftspeople, civic organizations, faith communities and community volunteers. For more information about the organization, visit www.rtsv.org
We are seeking an Associate with some construction experience and strong customer service skills, motivated by the opportunity to assist senior and disabled homeowners.
Inspection, Project Completion & Maintenance (60%)
- Provide excellent customer service to a variety of clients, ensuring all jobs conform to local and state building codes.
- Schedule final walk through on each project, document work with photos, and conduct quality control evaluation.
- Ensure collection and completion of any necessary post-work documentation and close out files as work is completed, including updating database as appropriate.
- Job cost invoices and update database as work progresses.
- Monitor status of work in progress.
- Identify any program issues and client/vendor/sponsor conflicts and coordinate with Construction Service Manager for resolution.
- Inventory RTSV-owned wheelchair ramps and lifts throughout the community, conduct maintenance as needed, and ensure current lease agreements are on file.
Home Repair Delivery (40%)
- Provide general repairs across all general construction areas (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.) as well as fall prevention repairs that may include grab bar installations, ramps, modified stairs and entryways.
- Manage repairs as identified by assessments and approved in advance.
- Provide support for all planned and unplanned repair activities.
- Coordinate building permit process as needed, ensuring all jobs conform to local and state building codes.
- Work with and supervise volunteers to complete specific projects. Make volunteer work meaningful, hands-on, and efficient. Ensure project completion and quality.
- Encourage and ensure a safe work environment for all volunteers, staff, and clients, including proper training, tools, and other resources.
- Plan, purchase, and coordinate project materials as needed basis, always thinking ahead. Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at a time is critical.
- Organize and track supply inventory of RTSV’s warehouse.
- Track, manage, and maintain all RTSV tools and equipment.
- Coordinate trash removal and recycling, as well as other green practices.
- Ensure compliance with the EPA’s Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule.
- Document work by taking and storing before/after photos of projects. Upload and label project photos.
- Track assignments and project completion.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Commitment to serving low-income homeowners and communities.
- 3+ years of property maintenance experience and/or repair/construction work. Broad knowledge of practices and techniques of general construction, repair, and maintenance in a commercial and/or residential environment. A solid understanding of basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work.
- Strong ability to use general construction tools and knowledge of basic handyman repair tasks.
- Impeccable organizational skills, significant attention to detail and follow-through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment.
- Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style. Professional phone manner with concise verbal and written skills.
- Ability to build trust with clients in a respectful and culturally competent manner.
- Ability to work with a diversity of people from various ethnic, socio-economic, and living environments.
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and work as a team with clients, volunteers, and staff.
- Strong skills in standard office equipment and office computer programs, such as Word, Excel, and Google Docs. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Valid California driver’s license and insurance required.
- Ability to deal with physically demanding requirements of the job including lifting a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
Full Time, non- exempt position with ability to work occasional evening and weekends to support program activities. Reports to Construction Service Manager.
Anticipated starting salary is $62,000 to $65,500 depending on experience. Benefits package includes medical, vision & dental insurance and PTO (Paid time off) leave for all full-time employees. Dependent coverage may be elected at the employee’s own expense. In addition to PTO accrual, Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley recognizes 11 paid holidays.
RTSV provides equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
To apply, email your cover letter (word or PDF document) summarizing your fit with qualifications, and experience along with a current resume to . Position is open until a qualified candidate is hired.
We are currently looking for an Office Volunteer to help keep us organized! This volunteer will assist our Client Services Manager with administrative work in our office at 1701 South 7th St. #10, San Jose. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with office equipment and technology (i.e., copier/scanner/printer, Microsoft Office, data entry) and be willing to come into the office, following strict safety protocol, at least once a week. We ask that a potential volunteer be able to commit at least 2 months of support. If interested, please contact for more information.
A note on job openings
Or, head over to our volunteer page to see how you can help out!